Thursday, October 28, 2010

keep your eyes on child.


Fall is leaving too quickly. That does not make this girl happy.


Yesterday I learned the importance of never letting your two year out of your eye sight. I have been told by multiple people I'm a little too jumpy when Landon goes out of sight and that I need to let him go, kids need 'space'. After yesterday, I disgress when it comes to my child. Three events took place that reminded me as to why I do not get the pleasure of looking at any other object when he is around.

1. We go to Jeannie's apartment to meet her so that her, Owen, Landon and myself can make a trip to Chuck E Cheese's for the evening. I'm going between my car and Jeannie's to load the car seat, diaper bags, and other various children friendly items. I go to put Landon in the car and Landon is missing. I heard an apartment door shut as soon as I realized Landon was no longer there. I panick and start yelling his name. No response. Sure enough, I go knock on the suspected apartment that he may be in. No answer. I turn the nob, peak my head in, yell Landon. He comes running to the front door. Yes that's right. My child walked into some random person's apartment. It's cool, coast was clear, we got out of there promptly without any trespassing charges.

2. At Chuck E Cheese, I'm standing there (probably staring off into space; i'll be real). I look down. No infant. I see his little leg behind a game. I go to grab him, he had snuck behind a game to retrieve a ball and when walking out from the game, he apparently pulled on a cord because the game turned off. Ooops. I grabbed Landon, grabbed the stolen ball, and walked away quickly.

3. We're all standing around chit chatting. I look down and Landon is sipping on some soda. I dont think twice about it, until I realize I didn't give him that cup. You guessed correctly friend, he took some unsuspecting person's beverage and drank it! I promptly grabbed the drink and sat it down, and walked away. (I'm sorry stranger if there was any baby backwash in your cup. I hope you didn't notice.)

Yeah, it happened. Thank God I was blessed with some sort of sense of humor or I'd be a little frazzled.

No comments:

Post a Comment