Wednesday, February 8, 2012

lets not grow up and say we did.

Let me start by saying: I enjoy writing. Truly. I've wrote blogs/stories/poems since I was little. I remember sitting on my bed listening to Britney Spears writing poems about the love of my life I have not yet met and how awesome my best friend was. I would put them in envelopes and send them into the Chicken Soup books and wait for my poems to show up in these books. None of them happened... so I started writing short stories. None of those made it into the books either; in fact the farthest they got were on my fridge... which my dad posted proudly {or just because he felt bad for me}. Once I got over this huge disapointment I just kept to journals and kept them to myself. My point is: my blog has lacked attention because my lack of time; not a lack of love for writing.

The lack of time gets me to the next point. I hate being an adult. Let me correct that; I hate responsibilities. Adulthood surely has its pros: I get to live on my own, eat ice cream for breakfast, have the choice of never eating fruits/veggies, and I get to raise a kickass three year old. However, with adulthood comes responsibilies. Ive never been good at them. I rock at things that I dont have t0 do. Im pretty awesome at non-serious things as well. When stuff is important and/or serious; I come down with a Im a retard and this makes no sense and I'm sick and can't do this syndrome. Examples:

- I have a FASFA form for school that I recieved in August for me to go back to school. I have to sign a paper, mail it in. Yeah that never got done. Best believe when my Cosmo subscription needed resigned and mailed back in- that was mailed back in the following morning and I had a Cosmo in the mail 2 days later. {For the record, Cosmo has taught me much more than college ever did.}

- I get online to pay my bills. An hour later, 20 new CDs downloaded to iTunes.

- I go grocery shopping. Walk out with new pillows for the couch, new candles, new shirt for Saturday night. Who needs to eat anyways?

- Have a day off and a to-do list. Usually ends up with the day at the mall.

- Start looking for tax return deductions online. I end up on Pinterest with 40 new ideas how to re-do my apartment.

- Start looking for hotels for my vacation at the end of the month. End up finding different shots to try at the bar and cool vintage shops to visit.

- Go to the mall Sunday for work clothes/heels; walk out with teal straight leg jeans. {Who said colorful straight legs weren't professional anways?}

Seriously, do they make a get serious and get motivated pill? I'd say it's my 2012 resolution to grow up and be a mature adult, but I think the end of January is the cut off point to make resolutions. 2013 will just have to the year of being a mature responsible adult. Cheers to 2012 and all its non-serious, childish, non-responsible times.

No comments:

Post a Comment